The Catholic Cathedral of St. Mary & St. Anne, known locally as the North Cathedral, is located at the top of Shandon Street, in one of the most historic areas of Cork. The Cathedral, dedicated in 1808, is located on the site of a former church built in the 1730s. The Cathedral is the principal church of the Diocese of Cork & Ross.
The Cathedral of St Mary & St Anne has some of the oldest baptism and marriage records of any parish in Ireland. The records date from 1731 for Baptisms and from 1748 for marriages.
People who contributed to, or were connected to the Cathedral throughout its history include
In October 2017 a Visitor Centre was established adjacent to the Cathedral with Cork Folklore Project installing a new research hub onsite.
Guided walking tours of the North Cathedral at 12.15pm and 2.15pm.
The Cork Folklore Project are offering an interactive presentation with them during the day from 12pm to 3pm.