The Custom House was designed by William Hargrave in 1881 and built at Custom House Street between the north and south channels of the River Lee. In 1904 the Cork Harbour Commissioners took over the building on a 999 year lease.
In 1906 a magnificently ornate boardroom, designed by William Price, the then Harbour Engineer was added to the building. Equally impressive is the Committee Room, a dark wood panelled room with pale cream and gold wallpaper and delicately patterned ceiling. The Boardroom and Committee Room house a fine collection of maritime artwork owned by the Port of Cork Company.
Port of Cork Custom House Photographic Exhibition 11am to 4pm.