Cork City Council A Cork City Council Initiative
Cork City Council A Cork City Council Initiative

Saints Peter and Paul’s Church – The Presbytery

Saints Peter and Paul’s Church - The Presbytery

AddressCork City

The Church of Saint Peter and Paul’s was designed by the London architect Edward Welby Pugin in collaboration with George Ashlin. Its foundation stone was laid on August 15th 1859 and it was opened for worship in 1866. Regarded as one of the finest examples of19th century neo-Gothic architecture in Ireland, features of note include the altar made of Sicilian marble, the apse, the pulpit of carved Russian oak, the shrine to the holy souls and the representations of over 250 angels throughout the church.

Free guided tour of the church at 1.30pm, lasting approximately 20 minutes.

X