St Finbarr’s South Church, opened in 1766, is the oldest functioning Roman Catholic Church in Cork City. For over 250 years it has served the people of South Parish. The South Chapel contains many interesting features, the most special of which is John Hogan’s sculpture ‘The Dead Christ’ which was placed under the altar in 1832.
Take this opportunity to hear about the history of the building while looking at some of the historical record books and religious items of the church.
Margaret Lantry will give a talk at 11.30am about the history of the building from its foundation to the present.